A local manufacturing company located in Poughkeepsie is seeking a Software Developer to assist in the development of in house programs. The applications would relate to manufacturing software used on machines, sales, and other programs supporting the company. The C++ Developer will be responsible for switching the remaining system over to new and eventually creating a product that can be sold to other manufacturers.
- Develop and maintain software for machines that the client uses and makes
- Design and create projects for the company product line
- Convert current system to new
- Create a software product which would be for sale to partners and sales prospects
- Assist in the repair of machines if needed
- Travel 10% to client sites on service assignments
This is a full time permanent opportunity with work hours Monday-Friday 8am-5pm with flexibility. Ability to work part time for the right candidate is a possibility. The client has an extensive benefits package and has a long standing history in Poughkeepsie. Please apply for immediate consideration.
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science or Engineering Degree with passion to code
- 1+ years of experience in coding C++
- Experience in manufacturing setting a plus
- Experience with machine controllers a plus
- Ability to travel
- Capable of working independently and analytical thinker who can work through problems
Ethan Allen Workforce Solutions are Equal Opportunity Employers
Applications are considered on the basis of skills, experience and qualifications without regard to race, age, creed, color, nationality, gender, sexual preference, marital status, military background, disability or any other legally protected status. All employment related decisions, including hiring, advancement, promotion, compensation, training, discipline, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment, are made in accord with this policy.