General Manager of Hospitality and Events
Our client is seeking a creative, motivated, and energetic General Manager of Hospitality and Events to lead their brand’s primary face-to-face experience with consumers in the Hudson Valley. As the General Manager of Hospitality and Events, you will be responsible for developing and managing the entire retail business and expanding the culinary and beverage experience through local events.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a key, creative leader in an exceptional, growing organization and earn a salary of $60,000 – $70,000 per year, based on experience.
This is a full-time (50-60 hours/week), direct hire position. While the schedule is flexible, you must be able to work occasional nights and weekends as necessary.
What you’ll do as the General Manager of Hospitality and Events:
- Develop strategic growth plan for retail business
- Manage yearly budget and P&L to consistently match financial targets
- Innovate new revenue streams through networking with local businesses, developing new products, and creating new promotional programs and events
- Create, plan, promote, and oversee onsite and offsite events to enhance brand awareness and drive business
- Create and execute marketing strategy and programs that expand local awareness, sales, and brand presence
- Hire, train, lead, and inspire the hospitality and events team
- Represent the organization with key industry organizations and at industry events
- Bring the brand to life within the company and positively impact the corporate culture
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
Skills we’re seeking in the General Manager of Hospitality and Events:
- Bachelors Degree
- At least 3 years of management experience in food service, retail operations, or hospitality
- Experience creating, planning, promoting, and overseeing events
- Professional selling and negotiating experience
- Experience managing P&L and developing and impacting annual budget plans
- Demonstrated creative marketing and design ability/sense to deliver compelling displays, environments, and communications
- Flexibility to work key weekend hours as necessary
- Computer and systems knowledge, including experience with POS and inventory management
Ethan Allen Workforce Solutions are Equal Opportunity Employers
Applications are considered on the basis of skills, experience and qualifications without regard to race, age, creed, color, nationality, gender, sexual preference, marital status, military background, disability or any other legally protected status. All employment related decisions, including hiring, advancement, promotion, compensation, training, discipline, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment, are made in accord with this policy.