Our client in Orange County, NY is seeking a highly motivated Junior Accountant to join their growing Accounting team. This exciting position is a DIRECT HIRE opportunity. The Junior Accountant will be responsible for day to day accounting responsibilities. The successful candidate must have hands on accounting experience gained through an internship or a full time accounting role. The Junior Accountant position requires Monday-Friday availability.
Junior Accountant Responsibilities:
- Prepare monthly journal entries for capital expenditure and fixed asset monthly close.
- Prepare write-downs and write-offs for fixed asset disposals, sales and retirements.
- Prepare weekly capital analysis of purchasing and inventory activity.
- Maintain owner contribution ledger and record related journal entries.
- Assist in the preparation of capital reports and support schedules.
- Assist and maintain capital budgets in Oracle.
- Assist with the analysis of capital spending and fixed asset transactions.
- Assist with special projects and reporting requirements.
Our client offers medical, dental, vision, and 401k! Apply now for immediate consideration!
Junior Accountant Requirements:
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting required
- 1-3 years of experience in an Accounting role; with research or audit duties
- Excellent organizational skills with thorough follow up
- Computer literacy required and proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Valid Driver’s license
Ethan Allen Workforce Solutions are Equal Opportunity Employers
Applications are considered on the basis of skills, experience and qualifications without regard to race, age, creed, color, nationality, gender, sexual preference, marital status, military background, disability or any other legally protected status. All employment related decisions, including hiring, advancement, promotion, compensation, training, discipline, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment, are made in accord with this policy.