Laborer - Tree Tapper
Dover Plains, NY
Our client in Dover Plains is seeking a Laborer (Tree Tapper) to assist with tree sap harvesting. This is a full time, seasonal position that is expected to last until April. Job duties include:
- Installing, maintaining, and repairing maple sap collection systems using specialized equipment and hand tools
- Tapping maple trees and monitoring and repairing sap collection system. (Feb-April)
- General forest and syrup tap maintenance
This is a full time position and will require overtime hours. It is 1st shift and candidates must have Monday-Sunday availability. Pay rate is $12 per hour. If you want to avoid cabin fever this winter, we encourage you to apply!
You will be a successful Tree Tapper if:
- You’re comfortable using power tools including drills and chainsaws
- You can lift up to 75 pounds
- You have mechanical or plumbing experience – it’s not required, but it’s definitely a plus
- You’re a fan of all weather conditions – sun, rain, snow, cold temperatures
- You’re into the great outdoors – this role requires you to be outdoors all day long and on your feet across all terrain. We guarantee you’ll get your steps in for the day!
Why choose Ethan Allen Workforce Solutions? We are one of the largest and well-known employment agencies in the Hudson Valley. Job searching can be frustrating and often feel like a dead end. Because of our long-term relationships with our clients, we are able to put your resume right in front of the hiring manager, and our clients trust that we are sending them the top candidate for the position at hand.
Ethan Allen Workforce Solutions are Equal Opportunity Employers
Applications are considered on the basis of skills, experience and qualifications without regard to race, age, creed, color, nationality, gender, sexual preference, marital status, military background, disability or any other legally protected status. All employment related decisions, including hiring, advancement, promotion, compensation, training, discipline, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment, are made in accord with this policy.