Lead Oracle DBA
Ethan Allen Recruitment has the current need to fill a Lead Oracle DBA role with their domestically recognized client in Monroe, NY. With roughly four thousand employees nationwide the client would like to add appropriate talent to their ever growing IT Department. The Lead Oracle DBA will be responsible for the administration, maintenance, and support of existing enterprise Oracle database environments supporting the company’s critical systems.
- Lead and mentor a team of junior DBAs.
- Administer Oracle databases configured with Real Application Clusters (RAC) and Data Guard.
- Perform ongoing assessments of database performance and identification of problem areas.
- Execute database backup and recovery procedures using Oracle Recovery Manager (RMAN) and NetBackup.
- Responsible for Oracle installations, upgrades, administer patching and other administrative core DBA functions.
The position is a full-time permanent opportunity and one that will provide an extensive benefits package. Salary is commensurate with experience.
- 5+ years of extensive and broad based Oracle DBA experience within a large enterprise environment.
- 3+ years of experience leading a team through projects in an enterprise environment.
- Experience supporting MySQL databases as well!
- Must have supported databases ranging in the terabytes.
- Hands on experience in database upgrade and migration projects; especially with Oracle 10g/11g/12c within a Linux/Unix environment.
- Expertise in database performance monitoring and tuning including probing PL/SQL code.
- Working knowledge of Oracle Enterprise Manager (Grid Control), Oracle Real Application Cluster (RAC), RMAN, ASM and Oracle Data Guard.
Ethan Allen Workforce Solutions are Equal Opportunity Employers
Applications are considered on the basis of skills, experience and qualifications without regard to race, age, creed, color, nationality, gender, sexual preference, marital status, military background, disability or any other legally protected status. All employment related decisions, including hiring, advancement, promotion, compensation, training, discipline, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment, are made in accord with this policy.