Ethan Allen Recruitment is seeking an experienced Network Engineer with a nationally recognized telecommunications company in Orange County, NY. The team is responsible for the test and turn-up of our client's National IP Network. The IT Network Engineer will provide Tier 2 support and serve as a program expert for a WAN Optical network as well as Data Communications Network (DCN) backbone integral to the management of the network.
- Develops and supports the transition plans associated with these activities and support laboratory-enabled execution activities – protection of a combined optical and DCN network will require analysis of vulnerabilities
- Manage all aspects of network operations related to performance and fault management. Essential functions include the following:
- Provide technical support for network and system installation and maintenance
- Monitor network operations and security posture
- Maintain network status and trouble logs
- Identify and diagnose network problems
- Identify network elements causing network degradation or failure
- Determine and execute corrective actions on a real-time basis
- Execute reporting functions and data input associated with network management
- Evaluate trend analyses
The position is a full time permanent opportunity that will allow the successful candidate to obtain a competitive benefits package. Please apply for immediate consideration.
Salary: $65,000-$75,000 annually
Network Engineer Qualifications
- Associate’s degree in Engineering, Electronics, or Networks, or a related technical or vocational education or equivalent experience
- Two or more years applicable work experience
- Demonstrated experience with SONET based, next-generation DWDM systems and IP based systems
- Previous experience with broadband circuit maintenance/restoration, provisioning databases and circuit activations
- Prior experience with Nortel, Cisco, and Ciena suite of optical network equipment and network management systems
- CCNA/CCNP a plus.
Ethan Allen Workforce Solutions are Equal Opportunity Employers
Applications are considered on the basis of skills, experience and qualifications without regard to race, age, creed, color, nationality, gender, sexual preference, marital status, military background, disability or any other legally protected status. All employment related decisions, including hiring, advancement, promotion, compensation, training, discipline, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment, are made in accord with this policy.