Senior Unix Administrator
Ethan Allen Recruitment is seeking a highly technical Unix Administrator to provide day to day support to a client’s RHEL infrastructure. The Unix Administrator will monitor and deploy new solutions to allow for the systems to run efficiently through the utilization of the latest technologies. Our client is a nationally recognized service provider who employs over three thousand employees across the United States.
- Resolve infrastructure incidents and perform root cause analysis.
- Assist the efforts to analyze and resolve complex system/service incidents.
- Support an enterprise environment running approximately 350+ virtual and physical Red Hat servers.
- Construct and administer filesystems and storage.
- Support internal enterprise-wide users: troubleshooting and providing problem resolution for the operating system and hardware issues.
- Provide 24/7 support as needed.
This is a full-time permanent opportunity which will provide the successful candidate a competitive benefits package. If your qualifications are an appropriate fit please apply for immediate consideration!
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related.
- A minimum of 3 years of RedHat, Solaris, CentOS experience within an enterprise environment.
- Experience scripting in Shell.
- Nagios or other related event monitoring tool.
- Use of high-availability cluster software (Veritas).
- Advanced skill level with internet server protocols.
- Knowledge of Kickstart procedure as well as other enterprise technologies.
Ethan Allen Workforce Solutions are Equal Opportunity Employers
Applications are considered on the basis of skills, experience and qualifications without regard to race, age, creed, color, nationality, gender, sexual preference, marital status, military background, disability or any other legally protected status. All employment related decisions, including hiring, advancement, promotion, compensation, training, discipline, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment, are made in accord with this policy.