Traffic Controller/ Flagger
Ethan Allen Workforce Solutions is continually seeking candidates interested in becoming certified Traffic Controllers/ Flaggers. The certified Flagger is responsible for:
- Directing traffic to protect the safety of the work crew
- Directing the actions of motoring and pedestrian traffic for their safety and the safety of the crew
- Looking after their own safety so that they can effectively look after their duties to protect the work crew and public
Pay rate starts at $11.00 per hour, with the potential to make up to $13.00 per hour after a period of time.
Ethan Allen Workforce Solutions holds Flagger certification classes regularly at our office in Poughkeepsie, as we are always looking for Flaggers to fill out client’s needs. We staff for Traffic Controllers/ Flaggers in Ulster, Orange, Dutchess, Putnam, Columbia, and Greene County. We currently have a strong need for Flaggers in Fishkill, NY.
If you’re a hard working individual that is committed to keeping workers and the public safe, we want to hire you! Apply today or call our office at 845.471.9667 and ask to speak to our Industrial Division.
In order to be a Traffic Controller/ Flagger, you must:
- Have a valid driver’s license with access to a vehicle for the entire day
- Have the ability to work in all weather conditions, including extreme temperatures
- Be able to stand for 8-12 hours a day
- Be alert to your surroundings at all times
- Be able to lift up to 30 pounds
- Communicate effectively to crew members and the public
Ethan Allen Workforce Solutions are Equal Opportunity Employers
Applications are considered on the basis of skills, experience and qualifications without regard to race, age, creed, color, nationality, gender, sexual preference, marital status, military background, disability or any other legally protected status. All employment related decisions, including hiring, advancement, promotion, compensation, training, discipline, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment, are made in accord with this policy.