Poughkeepsie, NY 12601
We are looking for an experienced, highly motivated Cabinet Maker, who is able to work in a fast paced environment while keeping quality and attention to detail as the top priority.
Carpenter/ Cabinet Maker Job Responsibilities: Produces and assembles custom and production run furniture.
Carpenter/ Cabinet Maker Job Duties:
- Plans and executes project construction and assembly methods by studying work orders and maintaining close communication with Project Manager and Shop Manager
- Estimates time and material requirements for carpentry phase of production on projects
- Verifies dimensions and checks quality and fit of pieces and confers with Project Manager to ensure adherence to project specifications
- Operates hand woodworking tools
- Attaches parts together to form completed units, using glue, dowels, nails, screws, or clamps
- Prepares projects for finishing by reinforcing joints, trimming, scraping, sanding and applies final touch ups to projects
- Installs hardware such as hinges, catches and handles using hand tools
- Bores holes for insertion of screws or dowels
- Dips, brushes or sprays light finishes to certain products on occasion
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations
- Maintains continuity by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and needs
- Accepts ownership for accomplishing new and different requests and exploring opportunities to add value to the organization
8:00am-4:30pm Monday-Friday, occasional overtime on Saturdays
- $20-$30 per hour, depending on experience
Carpenter/ Cabinet Maker Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience with manufacturing and woodworking
- Working knowledge of woods
- Experience making furniture and/or cabinetry
- Ability to read and follow shop drawings and work orders
- Proficient with hand work
- Able to complete tasks on time and work with production schedules
- Verbal Communication and Coordination
- Attention to Detail
- Comfortable working off schedule
- Ability to stand for long periods and lift up to 75 pounds
Why choose Ethan Allen Workforce Solutions? Many of our clients offer shifts around the clock, which is great for candidates who may not be available during the typical work day. Our clients range from big name industrial corporations, to smaller, local businesses that may need an extra set of hands to help out. Our Industrial Division offers a lot of hands-on opportunities which is great for the candidates who are not looking for an office job. We also regularly offer in-house training for Flaggers and Hazard Communication Standard. Candidates love working with us because we are able to find them work quickly. Our employees are paid on a weekly basis and are afforded the opportunity to enroll in our health insurance plan.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Applications are considered on the basis of skills, experience and qualifications without regard to race, age, creed, color, nationality, gender, sexual preference, marital status, military background, disability or any other legally protected status. All employment related decisions, including hiring, advancement, promotion, compensation, training, discipline, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment, are made in accord with this policy.