Call Center Operator
Poughkeepsie, NY 12601 | Temp to Hire
A client of ours located in Poughkeepsie, NY is actively seeking a Call Center Operator. You will be handling a heavy amount of inbound phone calls and providing accurate messages to customers to keep their businesses moving even when they are not available to answer their incoming calls so excellent phone presentation is a must.
Who you are: You are a motivated employee that will go above and beyond the client’s expectations. You’re excellent at gaining the customer’s trust and finding out-of-the-box solutions to please them.
A typical day of job duties includes:
- Acting as the primary contact between customer and client
- Maintaining database accuracy by updating customer records
- Providing support to management and other departments by maintaining spreadsheets and other administrative duties as needed
This is a full time position that pays $10.50-$11 per hour with excellent room for growth and bonus incentives! The client is open 24/7 - all applicants are required to have availability in the evenings, weekends, and holidays. Recent graduates are encouraged to apply!
What you will need to succeed:
- Call center experience - this position is heavy call volume atmosphere. This experience is essential for success.
- Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure - new challenges arise everyday. You must be able to roll with the punches.
- Professional communication, both written and verbally, is a must along with strong computer skills
- Associates Degree in a related field is strongly preferred
You’ll excel in this position if you:
- You’re a regular Chatty Cathy (or Charlie) and you like to talk on the phone…a lot – you must be able to handle a high volume of inbound calls
- Are bilingual in Spanish – our Spanish speaking customers has increased by tenfold in the past year
- Have held a similar position in the past – experience in a call center environment preferred, but not required.
Why choose Ethan Allen Workforce Solutions? We are one of the largest and well-known employment agencies in the Hudson Valley. Job searching can be frustrating and often feel like a dead end. Because of our long-term relationships with our clients, we are able to put your resume right in front of the hiring manager, and our clients trust that we are sending them the top candidate for the position at hand.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Applications are considered on the basis of skills, experience and qualifications without regard to race, age, creed, color, nationality, gender, sexual preference, marital status, military background, disability or any other legally protected status. All employment related decisions, including hiring, advancement, promotion, compensation, training, discipline, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment, are made in accord with this policy.