Poughkeepsie, NY 12601
A leading Hudson Valley based service organization is currently looking to add an analytically-minded Engineering Technician to their engineering department. Appropriate candidates will have a Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering.
The position is a full-time, Monday through Friday, contract position that will support the senior engineering team. While working as a contracted employee, the successful candidate will be under review for potential conversion when the contract terms have been fulfilled. Interested candidates with the appropriate experience are encouraged to apply for immediate consideration. This position is an immediate need and will be filled within the next two weeks.
Engineering Technician Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- A desire to build on existing engineering proficiency and work closely with Senior Engineering team members
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Previous experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
- Ability to multitask and switch gears from one project to another when necessary to meet deadlines
- Excellent problem-solving skills and innovative thinking
- Team-player mentality
Equal Opportunity Statement
Applications are considered on the basis of skills, experience and qualifications without regard to race, age, creed, color, nationality, gender, sexual preference, marital status, military background, disability or any other legally protected status. All employment related decisions, including hiring, advancement, promotion, compensation, training, discipline, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment, are made in accord with this policy.