Fleet Maintenance Manager
Middletown, NY 10940 | Direct Hire
Our client, an established excavating and trucking company located in Orange County, NY is seeking an experienced Fleet Maintenance Manager that is capable of working with a team of technicians to maintain and repair a fleet of heavy equipment.
- Provide direction and leadership to on-site technicians to ensure that all repair/ maintenance work is performed in a safe, efficient and timely manner, reallocating resources among sites as appropriate.
- Oversee coordination, planning, and scheduling of all repair work to increase productivity.
- Monitor shops operational performance and efficiency; take action to redirect activities appropriately.
- Report to management on shops’ performance; implement procedures for process/programmatic changes for improvement or efficiencies.
- Maintain an on-going preventive maintenance program.
- Accountable for scheduled Quality Control Inspections, track issues and resolution to ensure all work is properly completed in accordance with Company safety and compliance procedures, and federal and state regulations.
- Maintain advanced knowledge of engine, emission systems, transmission, brake, hydraulic and electrical systems of heavy equipment and vehicles used by Company to ensure ability to perform advanced preventive and repair maintenance functions.
This is a full time, direct hire position. You will be afforded an extensive benefits package, including a 401K, as well as a salary that is commensurate with experience. Candidates with relevant experience are encouraged to apply for immediate consideration.
The successful Fleet Maintenance Manager must have:
- 5 years of maintenance experience of heavy-duty vehicles.
- 3 years supervisory experience.
- Knowledge of maintenance procedures and machinery functions.
- A strong background in best practice proactive maintenance methods and organizational development for technical personnel.
- Leadership and employee relations ability.
- Able to organize and coordinate maintenance projects.
- Ability to analytically and rationally make decisions.
- Good understanding of financial management principles.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Applications are considered on the basis of skills, experience and qualifications without regard to race, age, creed, color, nationality, gender, sexual preference, marital status, military background, disability or any other legally protected status. All employment related decisions, including hiring, advancement, promotion, compensation, training, discipline, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment, are made in accord with this policy.