Grocery Clerk / Stocker
Woodstock, NY 12498
Our client near Woodstock is seeking a Grocery Stocker. You will be in charge of making sure that the shelves are stocked and ready for customers.
Grocery Clerk / Stocker Responsibilities:
- Fully stocking displays and shelves without overcrowding
- Ensure shelves are neat and aesthetically pleasing
- Practice and ensures department utilizes Food Safety Standards
- Follow the FIFO method when stocking and reorganizing
- Monitor cooler temperatures
- Trim, wash and bundle produce
- Label items accurately with price tags or signs
- Maintain a well-organized back stock area
- Take inventory of available product
- Provide prompt, friendly, and courteous customer service
- Know store layout and be aware of products in other departments to assist customers
This is a long-term position that is full time and requires weekend availability and reliable transportation. Hours are either 7am-3pm or 1:30pm-9:30pm. Pay rate is $11.25-$11.50 per hour.
Please apply for consideration.
Grocery Clerk / Stocker Qualifications:
- Previous stocking, grocery, food and beverage, supermarket experience preferred, but not required
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to stand for long periods
Why choose Ethan Allen Workforce Solutions? We work one-on-one with job seekers. Each of our Staffing Specialists is trained in one division, so they get to know those clients and become experts in that field. Your resume will never be lost in the ‘black box’ and you will never hear an automated call during office hours.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Applications are considered on the basis of skills, experience and qualifications without regard to race, age, creed, color, nationality, gender, sexual preference, marital status, military background, disability or any other legally protected status. All employment related decisions, including hiring, advancement, promotion, compensation, training, discipline, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment, are made in accord with this policy.