Help Desk Specialist
Wappingers Falls, NY 12590
Our client in Wappingers Falls is seeking a Help Desk Specialist. As the Help Desk Specialist, you will gather information from customers, vendors and other parties to develop requirements for user requests, enhancements and new business requirements. The client is looking for someone who has a strong Customer Service background with technical experience.
What you will be doing:
- Coordinate product hardware and software implementations for various product lines
- Provide technical support to faculty and customers - train, troubleshoot and resolve hardware, operating system, and software related problems
- Act as a primary contact for the client and customer during implementation processes
- Develop testing methodologies generating and tracking detailed test plans for software releases as well as participating in user acceptance testing.
- Create and revise technical documentation and, training materials for internal use as well as training for end users.
This is a full time, temp-to-hire opportunity paying $20 per hour. This organization does offer full benefits if hired on as a permanent employee after the probation period. The client has shift hours that may range from 9am-5pm, 10am-6pm, 12pm-8pm and employees must be available for all shifts.
Please apply for consideration!
What will set you up for success:
- Bachelor degree strongly preferred in Information Technology or Computer Science
- Project Manager experience is a plus
- Professional experience in a Help Desk, Customer Service or Call Center role
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Why choose Ethan Allen Workforce Solutions? We’re great matchmakers! As a job placement agency, we help job seekers get noticed and land positions that match their qualifications at companies that are hiring. We often have access to positions that may not be available otherwise.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Applications are considered on the basis of skills, experience and qualifications without regard to race, age, creed, color, nationality, gender, sexual preference, marital status, military background, disability or any other legally protected status. All employment related decisions, including hiring, advancement, promotion, compensation, training, discipline, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment, are made in accord with this policy.