IT Security Engineer
Monroe, NY 10950 | Direct Hire
Responsible for the engineering and support of the applications, tools and systems used to monitor, detect and alert on potential security threats and vulnerabilities to the company's telecommunications and signal processing hardware, software and additional systems. Works closely with network engineering and technical operations staff to implement, operate and support security applications and platforms.
IT Security Engineer Duties and Responsibilities
- Actively and consistently support all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience.
- Implements and supports security applications and controls that acquire and correlate security relevant system and application log data to alert and report on potential security events.
- Monitors security dashboard alerts to identify and lead the response and mitigation activities for the security events.
- Implements, maintains and monitors threat intelligence data from various resources that is relevant to the client’s networks and systems.
- Implements and supports the system logic to detect security threats.
- Recommends, designs and implements security systems and tools used by Network Security Operations and provides ongoing system support.
- Ensures compliance with security standards, policies and procedures.
- Adheres to industry specific local, state, and federal regulations, as applicable.
The position is a full time permanent opportunity offering a complete benefits package.
IT Security Engineer Required Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems or related field or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of technical hands-on security experience
- Expert knowledge of network security technologies and tools, such as SIEM, IDP/IPS, Identity Management, TACACS, Network Anomaly detection, DDoS protection, forensics, and botnet detection
- Must understand what is required to prevent security exploits, how to detect security attacks and anomalies and technologies used.
- Expert knowledge of forensic methodologies and best practices to investigate intrusions, preserve evidence and coordinate a unified security response
- Knowledge of related frameworks such as NIST and/or COBIT
- Security certifications a plus
Equal Opportunity Statement
Applications are considered on the basis of skills, experience and qualifications without regard to race, age, creed, color, nationality, gender, sexual preference, marital status, military background, disability or any other legally protected status. All employment related decisions, including hiring, advancement, promotion, compensation, training, discipline, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment, are made in accord with this policy.