Poughkeepsie, NY 12601
Our client in Poughkeepsie is seeking an experienced Shipping Coordinator to join their shipping department. You will be responsible for ensuring products are quality packaged and shipped according to regulations.
This is a full-time, temp-to-hire position, Monday- Friday There are 1st and 2nd shift openings. 1st shift is 7am-3:30pm and 2nd shift is 2:30pm-11pm. There may also be occasional weekend over time. Pay rate will be starting at $16 per hour.
Things You Will Be Responsible For:
- Preparing product for shipment
- Pull correct product from shelves
- Use proper labels and descriptions
- Coordinating both domestic and international shipments
- Generating all paperwork necessary for shipment
- Processing and maintaining daily invoices
- Inputting information into computer system
- Complying with and ensuring department compliance with Company health, safety and environmental policies and Government Import/Export Regulations
Our client is looking for someone who is a great team player – someone who is willing to go above their normal duties to help to ensure the job gets done correctly and on time.
Please apply for consideration!
Skills That Will Make You Successful:
- At least 5 years’ experience working as a Shipping Coordinator
- Strong Computer Skills
- Experience using an electric stand-up forklift or hand truck
- Knowledge/Experience with UPS & FedEx carrier portal
- Good Time Management skills
- Pleasant and able to work under sometimes stressful circumstances
- Able to stand for long periods of time and lift up to 50 pounds
Why choose Ethan Allen Workforce Solutions? We make the job search easier for you! Because we have multiple open positions at our fingertips that we are looking to fill, by applying with us, we have streamlined the application process for you. That means job seekers don’t have to spend as much time searching for open positions and sending resumes.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Applications are considered on the basis of skills, experience and qualifications without regard to race, age, creed, color, nationality, gender, sexual preference, marital status, military background, disability or any other legally protected status. All employment related decisions, including hiring, advancement, promotion, compensation, training, discipline, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment, are made in accord with this policy.