Middletown, NY 10940
A successful and growing organization located in Orange County is seeking an Underwriter for their organization. The individual will be responsible for processing loan applications, gathering background information, analyzing data and approving or denying loan applications based on those findings.
This role is a full time permanent opportunity which would afford the candidate a lucrative compensation plan and extensive benefits package.
Underwriter Responsibilities Include:
- Underwrite loans that fall within internal policy parameters
- Gather background information on applications, obtain credit bureau reports and contact applicants.
- Assist with loan application process to ensure completeness of information.
- Review credit reports, verify debts, and estimate monthly payments.
- Approve or deny loan applications.
- Process action notices for declined loans.
- Verify accuracy of loan amounts and repayment terms.
- Perform responsibilities in accordance with federal and state regulations.
Salary: $48k-$52k salary range with some flexibility commensurate with experience
Please apply for consideration!
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred.
- 1 or more years’ experience in Underwriting.
- Experience using software programs including Word and Excel.
- Strong communication skills and willingness to continual training and development.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Applications are considered on the basis of skills, experience and qualifications without regard to race, age, creed, color, nationality, gender, sexual preference, marital status, military background, disability or any other legally protected status. All employment related decisions, including hiring, advancement, promotion, compensation, training, discipline, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment, are made in accord with this policy.