User Experience/ Service Designer
Fishkill, NY 12524 | Direct Hire
Our client is seeking an enthusiastic and creative User Experience/ Service Designer for their medical device manufacturing company, based in Dutchess County, NY. As the User Experience (UX)/ Service Designer, you will be responsible for understanding and evaluating the user experience in order to improve the usability, accessibility, and effectiveness of programs and services.
This is a Direct-Hire position, in which you will earn $70,000 - $75,000 per year, based on experience, in addition to bonus incentives, an excellent benefits package, and opportunity to advance within the organization.
If you are an out-of-the-box thinker and meet the requirements below, apply now for immediate consideration.
What you’ll do as the User Experience/ Service Designer:
- Document, visualize and evaluate user journeys, including needs and requirements
- Identify opportunities to add customer value and decrease non-value added activities
- Use performance metrics, ideation, and conceptualization to understand how service delivery can be improved
- Work closely with program design, implementation, and support teams to ensure alignment in approach, mapping and tool utilization
- Process measurement and improvement
- User testing and program validation
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
What you’ll need to be the User Experience/ Service Designer:
- Bachelor’s degree in Service Design, Industrial Design, or similar; Master’s degree preferred
- At least 5 years of experience working in a multidisciplinary team
- User journey/experience (UX) design, with a focus on service and programs
- Experience process mapping from the customer’s perspective desired
- Good visualization skills, throughout the phases of a development project
- Experience in planning and execution of user tests and product validation
Equal Opportunity Statement
Applications are considered on the basis of skills, experience and qualifications without regard to race, age, creed, color, nationality, gender, sexual preference, marital status, military background, disability or any other legally protected status. All employment related decisions, including hiring, advancement, promotion, compensation, training, discipline, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment, are made in accord with this policy.