Poughkeepsie, NY 12601
Ethan Allen Recruitment is currently recruiting Warehouse Managers and Leads for one of our partner companies here in Poughkeepsie, NY.
Our client, a nationally logistics/warehousing group, is currently looking to build on their leadership team through the addition of experienced warehouse personnel with management experience. You will oversee the efficient receipt, storage, value adding servicing and dispatch of a wide variety of products.
Warehouse Managers and Leads Job Duties:
- Train new employees in various areas including pick/pack, shipping, receiving, audit, inventory control, productivity, quality assurance, and others
- Monitor employees’ daily performance. Coach employees for any improvements and address performance issues
- Suggest and implement new methods to improve warehouse flow and operations
- Be willing to step in and assist on the warehouse floor when it’s busy or short-staffed
These are direct hire, full time positions, typically Monday-Friday, 8am-5pm, but we are looking for someone who is open to a flexible working schedule when needed. That will include working evening, weekend and/or holiday hours. You will also be offered benefits inclusive of medical coverage eligibility with employer contribution, 401k, holiday pay, sick pay and paid time off.
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply today for immediate consideration.
Warehouse Managers and Leads Job Requirements:
- 3 years’ experience in a supervisory role in a warehouse and/or manufacturing setting
- Work in a safe manner in accordance with state requirements, OSHA policies and procedures, and maintaining and utilizing required safety equipment when performing duties
- Excellent organization skills
- Detail oriented
- Strong communication skills
Equal Opportunity Statement
Applications are considered on the basis of skills, experience and qualifications without regard to race, age, creed, color, nationality, gender, sexual preference, marital status, military background, disability or any other legally protected status. All employment related decisions, including hiring, advancement, promotion, compensation, training, discipline, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment, are made in accord with this policy.